Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's are so important!


It’s good to hear that everyone is doing well. That’s awesome that dad is going to speak at Gilda’s Cancer Support Center. I know he’s going to do great. Maybe, he can throw some gospel in there. Haha. I’m in missionary mode!!!! It’s awesome that our friend will serve his mission in Bogota, Colombia. All my friends from the CCM are serving in that mission. Which mission is it? Bogota south or north? So this week has been good. This Sunday I gave a talk at church last minute. The person conducting the meeting was like “and the last speaker is Elder Gomez”. I had no idea what I was going to talk about. He did not let me know beforehand. I talked about mothers and why they are so important. I spoke about the role women have and how important they are for us and in the eyes of God. That without them we are nothing. I shared a couple of scriptures and ended it. Everyone loved it. It was a good feeling but at the same time I learned a lesson. Never talk about girls or how amazing they are on a mission because the girls go crazy. Haha. You won’t believe what happened. So I’m talking and I don’t remember what part of the talk I was on. When all of a sudden, I hear “Oh papasito chusco.” Haha. Like super loud. I was like did that just happen? I could not believe it. I just kept talking. And all the old ladies in the ward love me. I always talk to them and help them. I think my companion gets annoyed because he wants to get to class. All the old ladies tell me their life stories and they are so cute. They are just lonely. I love them. This week was good. We are a little mad with ourselves because we did not accomplish what we wanted this past week. But this next week is a week to work hard. I have to go now. I’ll talk to you guys next week. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment