Monday, August 25, 2014

Zone Conference, transfers and big changes


Good bye to Elder Munoz - Bienvenido Elder Ruiz!

My comp Elder Munoz y el loro
 
Querida familia,
 
You guys won't believe what happened! There has been changes. I'm going to Pasto ha-ha. I'm scared because they moved me up to district leader and not only that but I'm also going to have a son: I am going to train a new missionary! I'm super scared because I don't know the area I'm going to be district leader at and I'm going to teach a missionary ahh! I'm scared. This is what missionaries do when they have been a year in the mission not 4 months! I'm going to trust in the lord and hopefully I don't die of stress ha-ha.
 
A  district leader is in charge of like 8 missionaries and my new companion's name is elder Ruiz and that's all I know about him ha-ha. I don't remember what area I'll be in. I was too freaked out about the other news to pay attention to the details ha-ha. I know Pasto is a colder area so I'm glad I have the vest you made me and I'm going to use it a whole bunch. thank you. 

It's awesome that you got to do all that missionary work it makes me really, really happy and to hear how the family is doing. Keep up the good work. This week my companion got sick and one day we stayed in the house all day how boring I know. It was cool because I got to study a lot but after an extra hour of studying I was bored of that too ha-ha.  We had zone conference with president Pricoli and it was awesome. His wife and him are really good, they are changing the mission drastically. President Prince was more about the numbers but with Pricoli its all about spiritual experiences so that the investigators can actually be converted to the gospel. That's way cool I like it. He trained us on how we can teach with the spirit. I also received an award of excellence for having 10 baptisms in 3 months and that was awesome. The award is called Capitán Moroni, also at the end they asked me to pray in English and I have forgotten all my English. I felt so dumb the prayer was awful and afterwards president Pricoli came up to me and told me, "you forgot your English ugh" ha-ha. Que piedra no puedo hablar Ingles ni Español ha-ha. (I can't speak English nor Spanish).

This coming week I will have so much to say because of the changes, new companion and new area. It will be cool but I'm going to miss my ward and the people here. I have grown to love them so much its not even funny. It's like a love much more than anything because these are the people I have served for almost 5 months with all my heart and I have seen their change so they all hold a special place in my heart but it will be cool to start that over again. 

 Family, this week I studied a lot about love and how important it is for us to have love. When Jesus came here on this earth he had a mission to teach us by example and the thing he showed us most was love and how to love. There is a saying that I love a lot and says, {its not how much you love its how much you are loved by otheres that measures your heart}. I love that saying from the Wizard of Oz because it teaches us that the only way we can really love is not by loving passively but by action like serving people. When we serve others they grow to love us. So when they love us is how we know we are really loving. Makes sense? I hope this week you guys can think of ways you can love others by serving them and I promise you will receive blessings. In 1 Corintios 13 -2 (Charity, a pure love, excels and exceeds almost all) shows us how important it is to love so think about that scripture and see how you guys can love meaning serve someone this week.

Love you guys have a good week.
 
Elder Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment