Monday, February 2, 2015

Test God and see how he will bless your lives

Hello friends and family,
It's a new week and all is going well in the mission field. I wanted to share with you some more thoughts I have had as I have been studying my scriptures this week. I hope that you can ponder on these things and see how you can apply them in your lives. I was reading in Alma 7: 23-24  "And now I would that ye should be humble and be submissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive.
 "And see that ye have faith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works."
 I love the promise that it has. It tells us we have to do something right and then it says we can ask him whatever we want and he will give it to us if we do what he asks of us. He gives us everything we need, it's like the promise he gives in Mosiah 2: 41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it." 
He blesses us with temporal and spiritual things if we are faithful to his commandments. Going back to the scripture in Alma see that you guys can do those things and be those things and test God, see how he will bless your lives. I leave my testimony that I know God lives and blesses our lives when we do what he asks of us. I have felt it in my life as I have followed him. I want to finish with a scripture in John 15: 7 " If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you." I know this is true. 
Love,
Elder Carlos Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment