Monday, January 12, 2015

Tulua: magical city filled with great spiritual experiences

Hola Familia!
Como estan? It is so good to hear from you and mom Karolena looks so cute with that Bear Cowl you made her. Thanks for the scripture, D&C 93:1

Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;
 
This scripture is so true I have seen it here on my mission, the best times I have here or when I feel the closest to my Heavenly Father is when I'm 100% obedient. It's awesome.
 
This week for me was normal nothing too interesting happened. Went to Buga to do an interview and when we got there  a church activity was just starting which was way fun. I'll get back to that in a second, during the interview I had a fun experience. The interview was with an older lady and she made me laugh so much. She was talking about how the devil is always messing with her and she said, "ese diablo tan metido (that devil so nosy), ese negro asqueroso (that disgusting being)" ha-ha. I was kind of surprised and could not help but laugh and was like yep so true ha-ha.

 During in the activity at church they asked me to do magic it was like in front of 40 people and I got really nervous but it went really well. I had everybody's jaw dropped to the floor. It's the best feeling ever and I have been mixing the magic with the gospel. I have an act that goes with the plan of salvation, its awesome. Although sometimes it is not well received. One time we were doing magic to some kids and they were all happy and then this grandma came out and I did an act and she got scared and knocked the cards out of my hands and said that's from the devil ha-ha. I tried to tell her that it's not from the devil it's just tricks ha-ha people are just funny sometimes. 

We have had a lot of awesome spiritual moments this week. We found this young girl she's 18 but lives alone and we started teaching her and wow we felt a spirit so strong. I could put my self in her shoes and she was saying how before she was close to God but now she's not. She feels really happy that we are visiting her. I was sharing my testimony with her and almost started crying because it made me think of all the blessings the gospel has brought to my life. I was telling her how amazing the gospel was and about the blessings and wow that part was so awesome she was like crying too. We also found a family way awesome of 7 and I think they are going to be really good. I have not baptized a family since my first area and I have been praying a lot to find a full family husband and wife and kids which is really hard here in Colombia but we found one and we are going to work really hard with them to help them become eternal. 

 Do you remember Javier, the one that helped me a lot, that I have been studying for? Well he's doing really good honestly. Going to church every Sunday, but he just does not want to get baptized. He says he does not feel it. He knows it's true but something holds him back so that's frustrating but all good all good ha-ha.

This has been my week pretty much. I would like to share with you guys a scripture in Alma 4 19 and it talks about how big a testimony can be, Read it, I love how it talks about how Alma wants to preach the gospel to a pueblo de sinners (a town of sinners) but did not know how to do it. It says only with a pure testimony can they be changed. I love that we should share our testimony always in cada momento (every moment) because it's the only force we have in this world that is greater than any other so why not use it? I hope everyone in the family this week has the opportunity to share their testimony with someone or each other maybe in a family home evening!!! 
 
Well I love you guys till next time!!! 
Elder Gomez

No comments:

Post a Comment