Wednesday, December 17, 2014

God shows us our weakness to make us humble ... the Book of Mormon the center of our faith


Mom was having a hard week and elder Gomez wrote this trying to cheer me her up.
 
Hello family & friends,
Mom, I'm sorry to hear you are going through some changes but everything happens for a reason. I have learned that over my short 21 years of life. There is a scripture that I love a lot in 1 Corinthians 10: 13 and it talks about how God will never allow anything to happen to us with out giving us a way to over come it. I have seen that in my life so much and I'm sure you have too. You just have to trust in him and he will help you overcome it. Another scripture that I have always loved and that I think we all already know is Ether 12: 27-28,  "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
 Behold, I will show unto the Gentiles their weakness, and I will show unto them that faith, hope and charity bringeth unto me—the fountain of all righteousness." 
Have faith in God just like it says in James 1: 5 "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." God gives us trials so we can learn about faith and trust in him. He will answer your prayers and will help you I know this with all my heart because I have seen it not just in my life but in many peoples lives. So be of good cheer, I know the Lord has something great prepared for you and not just you but for all of us in our family. You must ask him. I love you a lot okay never forget that and you're always in my prayers :) 

 I'm getting a new companion but I don't know who he is yet he comes tomorrow all I know is that he's from Peru, his name is elder Garcia. I'm going to be training him how to be zone leader, He lived in Utah he was going to BYU so he knows English, that will be cool to be able to speak English with him ha-ha.

 This week we had the baptism of Emma which was awesome and we also put a baptism date to two more people. The work is progressing in Tulua. I want to share a pretty awesome but interesting story, Emma the one that got baptized called us the night before and said that she was not sure about getting baptized because a neighbor talked to her and got her all confused and did not want to do it. I calmed her down through the phone and told her to pray and she said alright and the next day she felt better and did it and my companion and I wanted to talk to this person so we did it and he started to try to cut or heads with scriptures and stuff and I was right back at him with scriptures it was like a war but awesome because I would always end up on top but we were not getting any where honestly just arguing and my companion started talking about the book of Mormon and it changed the whole feeling of the lesson. Like the contention was not there anymore and we even told him well my companion haha was like if you know that this is true will you get baptized? and we both learned a lesson there. He told me afterwards when you were fighting with him I was thinking of preach my gospel where it says if people want to contend talk about the book of mormon because nobody can deny it and he say so I tried it and it worked. It was funny because he said too bad I learned that the end of my mission haha but it was a cool experience for me. I learned that even though I can show all the scriptures in the bible that show that our church is true or to show that other churches are false it's in vain if I don't talk about the center of our faith which is the book of Mormon. It was a testimony gainer for sure and those were the highlights of the week.
P-Day in Tulua

Emma's Baptism

 
Elder Gomez

I love you and hope you feel better now :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment